[RASMB] FC43 fluorocarbon silicon oil

Blasie, Cheryl [CNTUS] CBlasie at CNTUS.JNJ.COM
Mon May 9 07:55:00 PDT 2005

Joris,

The FC-43 oil can be purchased through a distributor from 3M.  The 3M part
number is 9800204-0101-8.

I guess we must be old-fashioned, too.  A little oil in the bottom works
well for squeezing a few more data points from the cell bottom.  For some of
our proteins in certain buffers, though, we can't use the oil as it somehow
changes the equilibium constant.

Have a great day!

Cheryl

Cheryl A. Blasie, Ph.D.