[RASMB] rehabilitating bad windows

Virgil Schirf schirfv at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Thu Apr 14 15:20:00 PDT 2005

Hi Dyche,

We have successfully used acid washing of windows. Another method that's
less caustic is the use of pepsinogen prepared according to the
manufacturer's instructions. This protease will breakdown protein
buildup on cell windows and centerpieces.

I don't know of any place that will polish windows. I tried Meller
Optics which manufacture windows, but they don't provide polishing.

Cheers,

Virgil