(again) [RASMB] Help on AUC (sedimentation velocity)

John Philo jphilo at mailway.com
Tue Apr 12 10:56:00 PDT 2005

Also I forgot to mention that the absorbance in your experiment is MUCH too
high (it is reading it as 2.2, but that is effectively infinity). In
velocity mode (continuous scan mode) the linearity of the absorbance system
is significantly lower than for equilibrium (step scan) mode, so it is best
to stay below 1 OD.

If you want to run the 3 mg/ml the best way to do the experiment is to use
the 3 mm pathlength 2-channel centerpieces. With a 12 mm centerpiece, it
would help a lot to use the absorbance minimum near 250 nm, but that still
might not reduce the OD sufficiently, so you might have to go off the 280
peak to 295 nm or some such.

John