[RASMB] Elevated temperature operation with a turbomoledcular pump.

Dror Noy dror.noy at weizmann.ac.il
Sat Mar 12 04:18:07 PST 2005

Dear Walter and RASMBers,
Our department's XL-A suffers from a similar fogging problem as
diffusion pump oil condenses on the lamp and reduces its UV intensity
dramatically.
I wasn't aware of the temperature dependence of  this problem so I'm
going to test that too. Anyway, we are working at higher temperatures
and would be very interested in solving this problem. However, we have
to consider the cost of such upgrade.
Dror

Dror Noy, Ph.D.
Structural Biology Dept.