[RASMB] How about an online library?

Brad Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Thu Jan 27 13:03:01 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 11:04 -0500, Allen Minton wrote:

> I suggest that it would entirely within the mission of RASMB to provide an
> online library of key publications.

I agree that a library would be great... but even a list of key
references would be valuable.  Once a good list is determined we could
start tackling the legal issues one by one.

I'm willing to spend a little time on this.

Here are some from Peter Shuck's web page:

* O. Lamm. (1929) Die Differentialgleichung der Ultrazentrifugierung.
Ark. Mat. Astr. Fys. 21B:1-4

* J.-M. Claverie, H. Dreux and R. Cohen. (1975) Sedimentation of
generalized systems of interacting particles. I. Solutions of systems of
complete Lamm equations.  Biopolymers 14:1685-1700

* K.E. van Holde and W.O. Weischet. (1978) Boundary analysis of
sedimentation velocity experiments with monodisperse and paucidisperse
solutes. Biopolymers 17:1387-1403

* D.J. Cox and R.S. Dale. (1981) Simulation of transport experiments for
interacting systems. In: Protein-Protein Interactions. C. Frieden and
L.W. Nichol, eds, Wiley, New York

* J.R. Cann and G. Kegeles. (1974) Theory of sedimentation for
kinetically controlled dimerization reactions. Biochemistry 13:1868-1874

A few of my favorites are here (I'm not sure about the legality of
these)
http://server1.bbri.org/rasmb/windows/sedanal-stafford/literature/

Who knows what gems some of us younger folks might have missed?

brad