[RASMB] MacNonlin for OS X (or anything close)

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Mon Apr 12 20:29:01 PDT 2004

> Peter
>
> P.S. Regarding Borries' comment about Ultrascan sedimentation velocity
> analysis, I'm not completely sure how much similarity the Mw distributions
> of Ultrascan really have with the c(s) distributions in SEDFIT.

It's similar ONLY in the sense that the data are modelled with a linear
combination of basis functions using nonnegative constraints for
the amplitudes. In C(s) the model is a sum of Lamm equations, in the
equilibrium case its a sum of exponentials. In C(s) you get a distribution
of S-values, in this particular model of UltraScan's equilibrium function
you get a distribution of molecular weights which describe the modelled
data. Just as you have to input a range of S-values for C(s), you will
have to supply a range of MW's and specify the number of basis functions
to limit the search.

Other predefined and user-defined models in the software can be used to
fit self-associating and hetero associating systems.

More detailed info can be found in the online documentation.

-Borries