[RASMB] Stiff equilibrium centrepieces

Leech, AP apl3 at york.ac.uk
Wed Nov 17 11:05:00 PST 2004

Hello all from the gloomy north of England,

I'm having some trouble with my equilibrium centrepieces - they are
getting more and more tight in the housings. I don't think we are
doing anything unusual with them - they are washed carefully in dilute
decon, water and finally rinsed with ethanol and left to dry. There
is no obvious deposit or change to the plastic (charcoal filled epon).
Velocity centrepieces seem to fit ok in the housings so I don't think
they are the problem.

Has anybody had the same difficulty, and even better, does anybody have
a remedy for obstinate centrepieces?

Many thanks,

Andrew

--
Dr Andrew Leech                   *  Laboratory Manager
Technology Facility               *  Molecular Interactions Laboratory
PO Box 373,  York  YO10 5YW       *  Email : apl3 at york.ac.uk