[RASMB] lps

Ariel Lustig ariel.lustig at bluewin.ch
Sat Oct 23 16:38:00 PDT 2004

Dear John Correia,  dear colleagues,
I can't give you a  vbar value of LPS but an addresse of a paper I was involved  too in it longtime ago. I like to
emphasize the fact  due to there strong Charge-effect of LPS , so one have to pay attention  to use  buffers
with relative high ionic strength. In this case rises the hydration and may cause a gup between values.Look please in : Biochemestry vol 28  N°10 1989 page 4187...
Rapid Isolation of Ompf Porin_LPS complexes, suitable  for  structure-function studies
A.Holzenburg, A.Engel, R.Kessler, J.Manz, A.Lustig, U. Aebi.

I looked too in Durchschlag H  Chapiter  and he gave some values in: "Thermodynamic data for Biochemestry
and  Biothechnology" (Hinz" )  Springer-verlag 1986 Heidelberg, Tokio New york.

yours .....ariel

Ariel Lustig
Consulter for  Ultracentrifugation
Haltingerstr. 63