[RASMB] question power failure XL-A

John Philo jphilo at mailway.com
Fri Aug 13 18:10:00 PDT 2004

Joris,

The centrifuge is actually much more sensitive to minor power fluctuations
than the typical PC--I believe even a half-cycle of low voltage will trip
that power fail diagnostic.

The main AC supply to the XL-A comes in through a transformer with many
different taps to handle different input voltages. It sounds like your AC
voltage is a little too close to the edge. I'd suggest you ask your service
technician to change to the transformer setting to the one for the next
lower input voltage.

John Philo
Alliance Protein Laboratories