[RASMB] question power failure XL-A

pjgb at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk pjgb at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Fri Aug 13 04:42:01 PDT 2004

Dear Joris,

We have certainly experienced PWR diagnostics on our XLA, particularly in
thundery weather when there may well have been power disruptions/surges on
the line voltage.  Usually they were accompanied by the PC controller
crashing as well.
However, in our case the power to the analytical has always recovered fast
enough for it to continue running - as it is designed to do.  As long as
the rotor speed does not drop below the acceptable phase lag, the
centrifuge should be able to recover, since it remembers the last run
conditions and attempts to resume these.  It is the PC which is typically
much more sensitive.

Your description of the fault does raise the question whether the power
failure was for several seconds - in which case you would expect to find
much else in the lab had also crashed - or else the memory funtion on your
XLA is faulty.

I hope this experience helps,
Yours,

Jo

--On Friday, August 13, 2004 9:05 am +0200 "Beld, Joris"