[RASMB] difference of p = 0.95, 0.68 and 0.55, the confidence level in the sedfit c(s) distribution

medakachou r6243023 at ms48.hinet.net
Mon Jul 12 10:30:00 PDT 2004

Dear all,

Recently, I'm analyzing the sedimentation velocity spectra by continuous c(s) distribution (SEDFIT). I've analyzed my data in three kind of confidence level: p = 0.95, 0.68 and 0.55 and the regularization method is maximum entropy. The s limit is 0.1 to 25S. I found every species is not well seperated (they just fuse together) in p = 0.95. In p = 0.68, the situation is better and the peaks are more significant. p= 0.55 can give me the highest resolution and every peak is very clear cut. Now the question is: if I want to calculate the area of peaks by Origin peak fitting module, which results should I use? I've check Schuck's paper and he suggests using p = 0.68 to 0.95 is enough. How about 0.55? I appreciate your response and suggestion.

Sincerely,

Chi-Yuan Chou
PhD student, the Institutes of Life sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
e-mail: r6243023 at yahoo.com.tw