[RASMB] Pipette tips for filling centerpieces.

John Philo jphilo at mailway.com
Thu Jul 8 20:47:00 PDT 2004

David and all,

That was me, and I get those tips from E&K Scientific in Campbell,
California; 800-934-8114, www.eandkscientific.com. Like many good
discoveries, I found these by accident (I thought I had ordered the usual
tapered gel loading tips).

E&K categorizes them as 'sequencing tips', shown under the 'specialty tips'
section of liquid handling supplies in their catalog and on their web site.
They are described as '200 microliter for Pipetman - 0.024 inch OD'. The
basic catalog number is 3597, and then there are different options for
whether you want them in bags, racks, or sterile in racks. There is also a
100 microliter 'RNase and DNase free' version as catalog #6697.

I think other companies probably carry equivalents, but all I can say is
that these do reach the bottom without enlarging the fill holes. I find that
with these it is also easier to fill the channel quite full---I routinely
load 440+ microliters of sample.

Best regards,

John