[RASMB] update win95

lelj lelj at interchange.ubc.ca
Wed May 12 20:08:00 PDT 2004

Hello everybody,

I have a XLI with windows 95 installed. We've tried to change the computer in order to have windows 98.
We've had all sort of problems, expecially re: connection between computer and instrument, so after trying to have some help from the beckman people we concluded that the easiest thing to do was going back to the old computer (that likely we kept!)

I have a couple of questions:
does anyone have win98 or higher on the machine attached to the XLI?
is it true that ONLY IBM computers should be used (that was one of the anwers we got from beckman)
is there a procedure to upgrage the instrument to understand win98 or higeher?

the reson we would like to update is to have a USB port from where we can easily get the data and Win95 doesn't support USB ports!

thank you very much for any feedback!
Barbara

---
Barbara Lelj Garolla Di Bard
Dr. Mauk's Lab
Dept. of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
University of British Columbia
2146 Health Sciences Mall
Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z3
Phone: (604) 822-2526