[RASMB] Is scan selection needed for data analysis with Sedfit?

Yi-Ming_Li at hgsi.com Yi-Ming_Li at hgsi.com
Thu Mar 4 12:07:01 PST 2004

Hello!
I would like to ask a question regarding loading data (from sedimentation
runs) to Sedfit for analyzing size distribution in protein samples.
At the late stage in my sedimentation velocity runs, most of the proteins
seem to be pellet and the "plateau " disappeared in the scans during this
period. I want to know whether it is ok to load the whole data file
(including the late stage scans without "plateau") to Sedfit for data
analysis. The reason why I ask this question is that it will be much more
convenient to just load the whole data file without spending time to select
scans.

Thanks!

Yi-Ming Li
Human Genome Sciences, Inc.