[RASMB] conc. of membrane proteins

pjgb at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk pjgb at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Tue Feb 17 06:29:01 PST 2004

Dear Holger,

It may be a counsel of perfection, but we usually measure the absolute
concentration of a solution by amino acid analysis and then calibrate every
other method we are using for concentration determination from this
solution.  It is certainly true that many of the standard methods give
values which are out, for membrane proteins, when one does this.

Jo

--On Tuesday, February 17, 2004 11:54 am +0100 Holger Strauss