[RASMB] fringe deviation

lelj lelj at interchange.ubc.ca
Mon Feb 16 16:18:00 PST 2004

Hello!

I am trying to determine the association constant for a monomer-dimer equilibrium. I know the association occurs because I've seen it by velocity experiments.

I run equilibrium at 3 concentrations and 3 speeds, my conc. are high and therefore I used interference optics. I have a fringe displacement at equilibrium of up to 50 fringes. I fit my data with WinNonlin and at the best I can get a SQUARE ROOT OF VARIANCE=9.3317E-02.  Since I have such a big fringe displacement when I plot deviation vs. indipendent variable, in the worst case I have a deviation of -0.25 to 0.375 fringes, is it reasonable?

thanks
barbara

---
Barbara Lelj Garolla Di Bard
Dr. Mauk's Lab
Dept. of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
University of British Columbia
2146 Health Sciences Mall
Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z3
Phone: (604) 822-2526