[RASMB] Biacore Upgrade

Peter Schuck pschuck at helix.nih.gov
Thu Jan 22 12:45:00 PST 2004

Hi Irene,
I don't like much the design of it.  The efficiency of recovery and sample
application is not optimal.   We've developed our own microfluidic sample
recovery system for the Biacore X, which you may be able to adapt to the
Biacore 3000 (as it has similar connector blocks).  In our approach, you
can do several load/recovery cycles into the same recovery volume, thus
increasing the recovered concentration (rather than volume).  Also, the
sample applied for the surface binding step is a small volume.  It's
described in Anal. Chem. 74 (2003) 2041.
Peter