[RASMB] Payments for Oxford Conference and other stuff.

David Scott Dj.Scott at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Dec 15 06:25:00 PST 2003

Hello All

1) With regards to payments for the Oxford conference we can now accept cheques drawn on any currency (which I assume will be predominately pounds, euros, US dollars and the odd antipodean currency). Cheques please made out to "University of Nottingham", and can you write down the currency conversion rate in your accompanying letter.
There is the option to wire the money, however, the University helpfully charges a £30 surcharge to accept your money, so if you can do it by cheque, it will be cheaper.

2) Bo Demeler has kindly offered to act as a tutor on the Sedimentation Velocity Course on 31st March at Sutton Bonington. Therefore we willl be able to cover all of the analysis techniques in the course. Places are starting to fill up, so book now to avoid disappointment!

3) For the conference (1st-2nd April), we shall be extending into the afternoon of 2nd April, so as to have a Software demonstration. Volunteers so far are Peter Schuck, Walter Stafford, Bo Demeler and Joachim Belke. If anyone else wishes to contribute, please feel free.

4) Due to a huge number of requests we will also be holding a poster session. The presenters of the three best poster will be asked to give a short talk on their work, so do all come prepared with something in case its you! There will also be an as yet unspecified prize for the winners.

5) With regards to the book, it has been suggested we use the conference as a forum for finalising details of chapters as opposed to a place to hand in completed work. This is to avoid any inevitable overlaps in material. Personally, I think this is an excellent suggestion, and so contributers all have a little extra time to complete their work. Contributions from those presenting posters are also welcome.

6) Talk length for the conference is currently 30 mins, however, offers are coming in thick and fast, and we may have to cut down to 20-25 minutes so as to get everyone in in the two days. Thankyou to everyone who has offered so far, I will keep you informed as best I can of details.

Hope to see many of you in Oxford

Regards

Dave Scott.

Dr. David J. Scott
Lecturer in Physical Biochemistry
National Centre for Macromolecular Hydrodynamics
School of Biosciences
University of Nottingham
Sutton Bonington
Leicestershire