[RASMB] v of heparin

Lustig ariel.lustig at unibas.ch
Wed Nov 26 07:32:00 PST 2003

Dear Yandemin and colleagues,
1973 I measured  in  a  A.Paar density-meter the V of Natrium  Heparin
(Serva 24590)
in 0.5 M NaCl/(Buffer unclear from my protocoll) from 10mgmL to 0; my
extrapolated
Value is 0.437mL / gr.
Heparin is a strong polyelectrolite so the use of high ionic-strength is
crucial.
All  measured at 0.2  to 1M  NaCl

Farther references gives values from 0.38 to0.53
Brasswell E. ,  BBA 158  103 (1968)
Linker A. , ans Hovingh Carbohydr.Res. 29  41 (1973)
LaskerS.E. and Stivata Arch Biochem. Biophys. 115  360 1966

Sorry , all this references  I have on an old yellow sheet of paper and hard to
identify . Even more ref. are there.
I hope I could help with this information.  ariel