[RASMB] difference between experimental and modelled sed coef for protein-DNA complexes

Jochen Felix Kepert fkepert at kip.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Nov 20 17:17:01 PST 2003

Dear Marcelo,

Let me add just one minor point from a bioligist view (maybe you thought of this
first).Since you are using DNA, i think you must/should have been purifying
these component somehow. If you did so with a commercial purification kit , you
should be very carefull with the proposed final salt concentration.Further
desalting for instance with by dialyzing or desalting columns can be  needed to
reach the desired salt concentration. This caused me some poblems with
experimental s-values that didnt match hydropro expectations.

Best regards

Felix Kepert

--
Jochen Felix Kepert