[RASMB] equilibrium run questions

Henry N. Higgs Henry.N.Higgs at Dartmouth.EDU
Thu Oct 2 16:24:00 PDT 2003

Hello,
I have had two problems setting up equilibrium runs:
1) Upon advisement, I bought the side-load 6 chamber epon equilibrium centerpieces.  THEY STINK!  I can never fill the outer-most chambers without having liquid leak out the holes.  Does anybody have any advice on how to load these?
2) I am getting very choppy absorbance readings at high radius (above 6.5 cm) in all three cells.  Could this be due to a dirty lamp, dirty detector, both, or something else?
Thanks,
Harry Higgs

Henry N. Higgs, PhD
Assistant Professor of Biochemistry