[RASMB] problems with housings

Karl.Maluf at UCHSC.edu Karl.Maluf at UCHSC.edu
Tue Aug 12 16:01:01 PDT 2003

	Robert,

	I ran into this problem as well.  I don't know how to prevent it, but I got around the problem by first disassembling the cell, while leaving the centerpiece in the cellhousing, then placing this into a -20deg freezer for about 30 min.  The centerpieces come right out after this procedure.

	Karl Maluf

	-----Original Message-----
	From:   Robert Fairman [mailto:rfairman at haverford.edu]
	Sent:   Tue 8/12/2003 9:27 AM
	To:     rasmb at rasmb-email.bbri.org
	Subject:        [RASMB] problems with housings

	The older archived RASMB emails can be found at:
	http://rasmb-email.bbri.org/rasmb_archives
	and current archives at
	http://rasmb-email.bbri.org/pipermail/rasmb/
	Search All the Archives at:
	http://rasmb-email.bbri.org/rasmb_search.html

	Hi All,

	Recently, I have had problems with tight-fitting six-channel
	centerpieces in my housings.  It has resulted in the guide key
	becoming detached from the housing.
	This has resulted in forcing me to retire three housings!  Has anyone
	successfully re-attached the guide key to the housing?  And if so,
	how would you recommend doing this?  Is it a matter of spot-welding
	it back in place?

	Then, the next problem is dealing with how to avoid this in the
	future.  Does the problem lie in the housings or the centerpieces?  I
	guess it's not clear whether I should be spending my money on
	replacing centerpieces or housings.

	Thanks for any help!

	Rob
	--