[RASMB] problems with housings

Robert Fairman rfairman at haverford.edu
Tue Aug 12 11:29:00 PDT 2003

Hi All,

Recently, I have had problems with tight-fitting six-channel
centerpieces in my housings.  It has resulted in the guide key
becoming detached from the housing.
This has resulted in forcing me to retire three housings!  Has anyone
successfully re-attached the guide key to the housing?  And if so,
how would you recommend doing this?  Is it a matter of spot-welding
it back in place?

Then, the next problem is dealing with how to avoid this in the
future.  Does the problem lie in the housings or the centerpieces?  I
guess it's not clear whether I should be spending my money on
replacing centerpieces or housings.

Thanks for any help!

Rob
--