[RASMB] Scans

Jones, Samantha samantha.jones at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jul 22 07:16:00 PDT 2003

Hello
I wonder if any one can give some advice.
I have been doing some SV runs on my 16Kd protein that has been dialysed
overnight in buffer with 150mM DTT. I have been overlaying the scans in
Sedfit and when I see the scans overlaid I cannot understand exactly what is
happening.
Instead of a moving boundary the scans are all a curve from the point of
meniscus to the bottom of the cell which becomes slightly more steeper over
time, rotating around a point three quarters of the way along the radius of
the cell. There is no clearing of the meniscus, no plateau and the scans are
bunched around four different fringe displacement values.
This pattern of scans has been seen with various concentration of the
protein and even with different DTT concentrations.
I am not sure if it is possible to attach the display of the scans to an
email from Sedfit, as this would have made it a bit easier to describe.

Thank you

Samantha

Samantha Jones
MRC Prion Unit
Imperial College School of Medicine at St Marys