[RASMB] His tagged proteins

John Philo jphilo at mailway.com
Tue Jul 8 21:04:00 PDT 2003

This has been discussed previously in this forum--check the archives.

I don't know of any published data off the top of my head, but in several
cases when I was at Amgen we saw dimers and/or higher aggregates in
His-tagged proteins that did not exist for the same protein without the His
tag. We also had cases where the functional properties were significantly
altered by the tag. Hence the use of His tags was largely abandoned there (I
don't know whether that is still true).

John Philo