[RASMB] frctional ratio

Arthur Rowe arthur.rowe at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Jun 30 12:24:00 PDT 2003

Ewa -

I think the bottom line is that, without further experimentation, one can
only deduce that expectations of elongated conformation (based upon
sequence, perhaps ?) seem very plausible.

I entirely agree with John Champagne's point that working at 690 nm, even a
rod-shaped particle would behave more or less as an isotropic scatterer. An
expected dissymmetry ratio ball-parking at around1.02 or so does not sound
very hopeful !

All the best for any further work on your system

Arthur

Arthur and others,

thank you very much for responses.

I will look up the reference.

The protein is not glycosylated and it is expected to
be elongated, but I was wondering how much more can I
infer, so Arthur's comments were helpful since I have
plenty of it left so in a spare time.....

Yes, I had used DAWN for static (and dynamic from one
angle simultaneously) and cannot get Rg since the
protein is too small for when using 690 nm.

Thank once more, Ewa