[RASMB] disulfides

Peter Schuck pschuck at helix.nih.gov
Wed Jun 4 10:59:01 PDT 2003

Hi Holger,
You can use SEDPHAT to analyze monomer-dimer (or other self-association)
equilibria incorporating incompetent monomer or dimer.  The models in
SEDPHAT are for both sedimentation velocity and sedimentation equilibrium,
and I would use the latter one with mass balance conservation.  You can
assess the reliability of the incompetent fraction simply by statistical
means - just compare the chi-square of the fit that you get without
considering incompetent fractions, or if you fix the fraction at
non-optimal values. From sedimentation equilibrium, I'd expect the number
to be reasonably reliable if you have many data sets over a  large
concentration range and different rotor speeds.
Peter