[RASMB] time to reach equilibrium

Jo Butler pjgb at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jun 4 09:14:00 PDT 2003

Dear Patrick,

It is certainly a reasonable approximation to take an absence of further
change in the distribution as indicating that an operational equilibrium
has been reached.  There is, however, the caveat that the time interval
between the overlaid scans is sufficient in comparison to the total time to
equilibrium - running long column equilibrium runs I typically use 24hr
intervals, as the runs take a matter of days to equilibrate (even with
initial overspeeding).

Yours,

Jo

--On Wednesday, June 4, 2003 13:58 +0200 Patrick England