[RASMB] presentation graphics

Borries Demeler demeler at bioc09.v19.uthscsa.edu
Thu May 8 13:10:00 PDT 2003

> Well, I'll put in a plug for IgorPro version 4 (version 5 is on the=20
> way) because both Mac and Windows versions ship on the same CD. I use=20
> it extensively for analysis of rapid enzyme kinetics measurements, but=20=
>
> I haven't used it for AUC data, since I do all that in UltraScan. But=20
> the grapics output of UltraScan are not as flexible as I would like.=20
> Igor is very powerful and programmable, and therefore takes some effort=20=

Michael,

I encourage you to try the latest version of UltraScan (6.0). You can
now actually customize each plot in UltraScan much the same way as you
can under Origin, down to font/fontsize, colors, symbols, legends, scales
curve styles, etc. etc... by simply right-clicking on the frame of each
plot. Perhaps you Mac users are missing the right mouse button:-)? There
is probably a way to emulate a right mouseclick with the keyboard.

This feature is new as of 6.0 and admittedly not very prominently
documented. In addition to customizing every detail of any plot produced
under UltraScan, you can print it to a postscript file, publication
quality in b/w or color.

Regards, -Borries