[RASMB] parts repair

John Correia jcorreia at biochem.umsmed.edu
Sun Apr 6 14:33:00 PDT 2003

Sometimes you can slide them back into place and force them into the
groove with a pointed tool - retightening the cell often reseats them -
but truthfully many times I retire the housing at this point - this
machining flaw, my opinion of what is going on, has caused me to be very
careful while cleaning housings and if then don't get wet while
disassembling, I don't clean at all just to avoid this "problem".  I
have asked my servive rep to replace them, especially if they are new or
young.

Curious to hear what others have t say about repairing.

 Dr. John J. "Jack" Correia
 Department of Biochemistry
 University of Mississippi Medical Center
 2500 North State Street
 Jackson, MS  39216
 (601) 984-1522
 fax (601) 984-1501
 email address: jcorreia at biochem.umsmed.edu
 homepage location: http://biochemistry.umc.edu/correia.html
 dept homepage location:    http://biochemistry.umc.edu/

>>> Giselle Knudsen <knudsen at cgl.ucsf.edu> 04/05/03 19:20 PM >>>
The older archived RASMB emails can be found at:
http://rasmb-email.bbri.org/rasmb_archives
and current archives at
http://rasmb-email.bbri.org/pipermail/rasmb/
Search All the Archives at:
http://rasmb-email.bbri.org/rasmb_search.html

Hello AUC users,

I wonder if anyone has suggestions for how to repair equilbrium cell
housings.  The "rib" that guides the centerpiece and window housings has
either come loose or is completely lost for two of our cell housings.
Do
you know where I could get a new rib for the one that is lost, and
whether
there is a good adhesive to use to reglue it in?

Thank you very much in advance for any advice you can give me.

Sincerely,

Giselle Knudsen
University of California San Francisco