[RASMB] Re: SEGAL 6-channel update

gia gia.machaidze at unibas.ch
Tue Mar 18 12:01:17 PST 2003

Dear Christopher,

thank you for testing our 6-ch. program. Unfortunately I had only 2 very
old datasets of 6 ch. runs and was myself not quite sure because channal
ranges.  I'll  fix it in next time.

About 'ctrl+prtscr'  - it's commonly used of pc users. You have to
activate the SEGAL window with mouseclick and then push 'ctrl' and
'prtscr' keys simultaneously.  The picture is now copied on clipboard
and you can then simply paste it  in some graphic program you have.

I have one older version of SEGAL that can save fitted plots and
resultes in the spreadsheet file and I will put this option in the
actual program.

Also I'm thinking to make some add-on for SEGAL for Ka, etc. , and maybe
also the option for sedimentation velocity + diffusion...

Best regards

gia

Dr. Gia Machaidze
Maurice E. Mueller Institute  of Stuctural Biology
Biozentrum/University of Basel
Klingelbergstr. 70
CH-4056 Basel/Switzerland

Phone:   +41 61 2672073
Fax:         +41 61 267 2109
E. Mail:    Gia.Machaidze at unibas.ch

"Chin, Christopher" wrote:

> Dear Ariel, Gia and colleagues,
>
>  <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =
> "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
>
> Thank you for the update Segal program.I was testing your 6-channel
> update program and found that your radius region for each channel is
> off calibration.I am enclosed three raw data sets from Beckman 6
> channel cells placed in an An-60 Ti Rotor at three cell positions,
> ra1, ra2, ra3 for you to take a look.From my perspective this is what
> I think is the correct channel window for all cells.

                Cell                Radius window

              Channel 1                           5.8-6.2
              Channel 2                           6.2-6.7
              Channel 3                           6.7-7.15