[RASMB] Gwen's 16.9 kDa

Lustig ariel.lustig at unibas.ch
Wed Feb 26 08:35:01 PST 2003

Dear  colleagues, dear Gwen,
I do not intend to give you an advice how to solve  your 16.9kDSa protein
behavior, but I am looking  may be with different spectacles on such
problems (since 1957 I use  AUC's).
Usually I make  first a SV run, (may be you have done) that can give you
information about high  aggregates and a guess about  possible mol. masses.
I said  "usually", because  in case of elongated particles as in your case
,shape and mass are compensated, so that you  may see  only a single  boundary.
Few  SE short column or "low speed" runs at different  concentrations, here
the cell mid represents C° , the initial concentration, you may  draw a
graph of Mw versus conc.and see very well at least  the  average Mw's at
each conc.
We calculate each  run with our SEGAL program, that can be loaded from the
net . Instruction of use  include examples
are given .

http://www.biozentrum.unibas.ch/personal/jseelig/AUC/index.html

This first information may farther  help you to see, if your  fits are
reasonable.

                                                                                                                  yours....ariel
  Lustig Ariel
Biozentrum der Universität Basel
Klingelbergstr. 70
CH 4056 Basel
Switzerland
Dept. of Biophysical Chemistry  /
Analytical Ultracentrifuge Lab.TEL....+61 2672187
                                Fax                  61 2672189
E-mail   Ariel.Lustig at unibas.ch