[RASMB] raptor drivers

John Philo jphilo at mailway.com
Mon Feb 24 11:14:01 PST 2003

Kristian,

The actually are no drivers for the RAPTOR board. Your problem arises
because the RAPTOR board MUST use a certain interrupt line (I believe it is
interrupt 11), and that interrupt has been taken over by the new network
card. You must force your network card to use some different interrupt line.

Fundamentally the problem is that the RAPTOR is not really plug-and-play
compatible---it demands certain resources, but does not inform WINDOWS that
this is true. This is the fault of the board manufacturer, not Beckman.

Beckman Customer Support has a document about requirements for installing
network cards and how to get around these problems.

John Philo
Alliance Protein Laboratories