[RASMB] Equilibrium runs with small peptides, high offset values

Joachim Behlke behlke at mdc-berlin.de
Tue Dec 10 11:29:00 PST 2002

Von:            	Erin Matthews <erin.matthews at yale.edu>
An:             	rasmb at rasmb-email.bbri.org
Betreff:        	[RASMB] Equilibrium runs with small peptides, high offset values
Datum:   	Mon, 09 Dec 2002 19:34:43 -0500

Erin,

As Peter Schuck has recommended small peptides can be
analyzed well in sedimentation velocity experiments. Some years
ago we have studied succesfully angiotensin I and II with a
molecular mass of about 1.2 or 1.0 kDa using the whole boundary
sedimentation and fitting by an approximate solution of the Lamm
equation (see J. Behlke and O. Ristau: Biophys.Chem.70, 133-146
1998). The program Lamm which we have improved recently is
available on the RASMB site.
Best wishes.
Joachim Behlke