[RASMB] Charges

Arthur Rowe arthur.rowe at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Oct 30 10:33:00 PST 2002

Hi Irene

Our charges are in the public domain, at www.nottingham.ac.uk/ncmh/business

A basic equilibrium run, 2 mm column, should be completed in 1 day, not 2,
in most cases (something with a very low diffusion coefficient will take
longer than 1 day - although you can compensate by using a shorter column,
with loss of a bit of precision).

For a basic SE run, we charge (GBP)

UK Res Council academic     Charity         Others
                   350                 435              610

for a 2-day run, this becomes
                   600                750              1000

Believe me, no-one is making much or even any money at these rates,
especially the 'academic' runs !  They are in fact an extremely cheap way of
getting sophisticated work done - I mean just try costing for acquiring the
kit and the human resource expertise involved.

All best wishes for your researches

Arthur

Arthur J Rowe
Professor of Biomolecular Technology