[RASMB] Velocity Experiments

rekha srinivasan rekhasun at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 18 17:25:01 PDT 2002

Hi,
I recently did some velocity experiments (for the first time) with a small
peptide of 3935.5 Da mass.  This peptide forms spherical oligomers (examined
by AFM) within an hour of sample prep. The oligomers are stable upto 6 days
after which they assemble into chain like fibrils.
I wanted to get an approximate size of the oligomers and their percentages.
When I try to fit this data with DCDT+ (since it is supposed to be good for
small peptides, multi species samples) I get an excellent fit for single
species with M = 3700.  But everytime I try a multispecies fit it just gives
me wierd numbers....
What am I doing wrong?  Where are my oligomers?
Some trivial exprerimental details:
concentrations: 0.2 mg/ml and 0.5 mg/ml
buffer: 10 mM CH3COOK
rpm: 50,000
Thanks
Rekha

P.S: I would like to subscribe for the mailing list too!

Rekha Srinivasan
Graduate Student,
Department of Chemistry,
Case Western Reserve University,