[RASMB] Sequence File Structure for UltraScan Vbar module

Paul J. Cachia paul.cachia at uchsc.edu
Thu Aug 29 22:06:07 PDT 2002

I am trying to enter amino acid one letter code into the Vbar module of
UltraScan and I am having problems with the file structure. I have tried to
follow the comments in the help section without success. I keep getting and
error...."SQ is missing from the line preceeding the sequence". I am trying
to enter the sequence manually by creating it in an MSWord doc and then
changing the extension to *.pep. The programme accepts the file and when it
reads it, it then generates the error message. I have even tried copying and
pasting the Lysozyme example in the help section of the Vbar module but it
has also failed to work....same problem. Can anyone send me a Word file
containing a sequence in one letter code which you know works in UltraScan.
I can try to use it with our programme to determine if its a problem with
the programme rather than the files.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Paul

Senior Research Associate and
Manager of the Biophysics Core Facility
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center,
4200 East 9th Ave,
Denver, CO 80262

303-315-4065 (Research Lab)
303-315-1178 (Core Lab)