[RASMB] XL-A wavelength calibration

Gordon Campbell gordon at mblab.gla.ac.uk
Fri Aug 2 06:55:00 PDT 2002

Dear RASMBers,

I'm trying to do a wavelength calibration on our XL-A. The machine is
running v1.01 of the beckman software 1991. I have cleared the old
wavelength calibration 'max' and 'minimum' settings, and have been following
the procedure as per the service manual 8/92. Some of the menu options do
not appear to exist! When scanning an empty rotor position to obtain a lamp
spectrum the program gives a 'Cal W fail' error, by pressing escape I can
obtain the spectrum but it doesn't allow me select peaks for inputting min
and max values.

It may just be a software version thing, but there must have existed a
wavelength calibration procedure prior to 8/92 !

Can anyone offer any assistance please.

Many Thanks,

Gordon Campbell,
IBLS, Division of Infection &  Immunity,
Joseph Black Building
University of Glasgow,
University Avenue,
Glasgow G12 8QQ