[RASMB] Velocity cells: loose keyway, new purchases

Michael Bovee mbovee at zoo.uvm.edu
Wed Jun 12 13:41:00 PDT 2002

Hi all,
A couple issues (gripes) -

1) a coworker (not subscribed to RASMB) has a cell housing with a
loose keyway guide pin. Do we live with it, glue it in somehow, or
just be careful not to wash it down the drain?

2) I'm buying two (or maybe three) cells with sapphire windows for
sed velocity. Feeling the burn of beckman's prices and difficulty
getting information from them, but also what's the deal with epon
centerpieces described as max speed of only 44K?  I have been using
them all the time at 50K.  I always match precisely the menisci, but
should I be concerned?

--Michael
--
Michael L. Bovee, Ph.D.