[RASMB] further question ln(c) vs r2

Walter Stafford stafford at bbri.org
Mon Apr 15 12:35:00 PDT 2002

Dear Heather,
	It looks as though you have a slight offset to the data which
is influencing the lowest concentration data.  You might consider
fitting this data with NONLIN both with and without a floating offset
(it's called delta in NONLIN ) or the BeckmanCoulter equivalent (they
call it the baseline). Unless your protein has a large excluded
volume, is high charged and/or you are using a very low ionic
strength buffer; non-ideality should not be a problem.

If you do not try fitting directly ; try adjusting the off-set
manually until you get a straight line on your plot, the slope your
get gives essentially the Z-average molar mass.

Walter

--
Walter Stafford
mailto:stafford at bbri.org