[RASMB] cell housing stuck in rotor

Andrew Leech A.Leech at uea.ac.uk
Fri Mar 15 07:10:00 PST 2002

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Gu-Gang Chang wrote:

> Dear colleagues:
>
> I have a problem that one of the cell housing is stuck in rotor.  I
> cannot pull it out by hand.  I would appreciate if someone could give me
> a suggestion how to take the housing out.
>
> Regards
> Gu-Gang Chang
> professor of Biochemistry

I'm not sure if this will help you directly, but I have noticed
that when I take the rotor (AN50Ti) out immediately after spinning
at high speed, the cells are more difficult to remove than if I
spin for a while at low speed (<10000). I put this down to slight
distortion of the housings when the rotor stretches. (I haven't
yet tried the experiment of simply leaving the cell in the rotor
in a cupboard to see if that helps.)

Andrew

Dr Andrew Leech                  *Tel +44 (0) 1603 593585
Scientific Officer               *Fax +44 (0) 1603 592250
School of Biological Sciences    *Email a.leech at uea.ac.uk
University of East Anglia        *
Norwich NR4 7TJ,  U.K.           *