[RASMB] "Sticky" fit of cells in AN-60Ti rotor

mmorris michael.morris at adelaide.edu.au
Thu Jan 31 21:46:00 PST 2002

Dear Jim,

Do you load the cell into the rotor when it is warm (e.g., room temperature) and then
do the run cold? If so, that could explain what you get because the housing shrinks a
little.

You can:
(i) Cool the cell before you put it into the rotor.
(ii) Make sure the brass screws are not overtightened. They just have to be snug to
help seal the gasket into place properly, provided the gasket is properly seated and
has a clean edge. Any more than snug and you will distort the housing enough to make
the fit difficult. With overtightening you also run the considerable risk of stripping
the very soft thread on the screw and then having to drill it out. Not pretty.

Yours, Michael