[RASMB] calculation of sedimentation coefficients of protein-rna complex

Olwyn Byron o.byron at bio.gla.ac.uk
Fri Dec 14 05:47:01 PST 2001

Dear Pascal,

AtoB will read in the coordinates of nucelic acids as well as proteins, so
it will provide you with bead models of your complexes. However when using
HYDRO it is necessary to assign a buoyancy factor to the bead model. So you
will need to make an approximation at this point and give the entire bead
model a v-bar that corresponds to the weight average for the protein and
the nucelic acid. This means that your calculations will not be accurate
but to the best of my knowledge there is currently no way around this.

Best wishes,

Olwyn