[RASMB] question for XLA experts

Jo Butler pjgb at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Fri Nov 16 04:50:00 PST 2001

If I may follow up this side point raised by Kristian, I have also tried
using transmission scans rather than absorbance, though in my case it was
with the desire to get closer to the direct measurements for fitting of
equilibrium data.  However the major problem which I found was that the
firmware would not allow one to take multiple readings at each datum point
and to get the mean and s.d. of the value.  Repeat scans were not much
help, as the radial accuracy was insufficient.
Thus, I think that Kristian's suggestion is fine if one only wants a single
reading at each point, but falls down when one wants averaging to improve
the signal to noise of the data.

Jo

--On Thursday, November 15, 2001 11:11 pm +0100 Kristian Schilling