[RASMB] Partial specific volume and divalent salts

Thomas Schalch schalch at mol.biol.ethz.ch
Wed Oct 24 13:13:00 PDT 2001

Hello everyone,

Does anyone now, if there exist data on how the partial specific volume
changes when divalent salts are added? I'm particularly interested in the
effects that divalents like Calcium, Magnesium and Manganese have on DNA or
Nucleosomes. I looked through the data that Henryk Eisenberg has collected.
What I can find there are experiments with NaCl and CsCl2. Are these data
somehow applicable to the ions I'm interested in?
Thanks a lot for your help.

Thomas Schalch